FS&TB and Working Groups
Forest Science and Technology Board
The Forest Science and Technology Board (FS&TB) provides the Society an effective means for the development, dissemination, and use of forest sciences.
The goals of the FS&TB are:
- Helping working groups achieve their objectives in the dissemination and use of forest science;
- Providing the Board of Directors with information and opinions on current and emerging science and technology issues;
- Assisting with providing the science and technology content of the national convention program by planning plenary sessions, technical sessions, and applied forestry field trips; and
- Making recommendations to the Board of Directors on the recipients of the Barrington Moore, Technology Transfer, and Award in Forest Science.
FS&TB is comprised of a chair and representatives of six subject areas: Resources Measurements; Forest Systems; Ecology and Biology; Management and Utilization; Decision Sciences; and Social and Related Sciences, and representatives of three geographic regions – Northeast, Southeast, and West.
Working Groups (WGs) are communities of interest and open to all SAF members. As a WG member you:
- Connect with others by building relationships and a network of peers. Learn what others are doing. Ask questions, and create lasting networks that will enhance your career.
- Influence the profession and give yourself a voice in forestry dialog by helping to develop educational programs, engage in conversation on research, studies, and policy.